Corporate ControllerRedwood City, CA
Redwood City, CA
The Corporate Controller will partner with and support both the CEO and CFO in managing IMVU, a growth social networking company.
The Corporate Controller will provide hands-on administration of the accounting function, ensure strong financial controls and compliance, and support IMVU in meeting its financial and strategic objectives.
The Corporate Controller will be a senior level professional who is comfortable operating in the day-to-day details. Experience in and knowledge of E-commerce business and accounting operations within a SaaS environment is necessary.
The Corporate Controller will possess very strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build executive trust and confidence through their interactions.
- Provide leadership and vision appropriate for the role of Corporate Controller
- Establish, maintain and improve IMVU’s financial policies and procedures pertaining to its business processes and internal controls.
- Identify cost-saving and profit maximizing opportunities and provide meaningful information to key decision makers.
- “Owns” the Balance Sheet and P&L, i.e. manage all accounting, including GL, AP, AR, journal entries, stock compensation, bank reconciliations, and financial statements.
- Understands revenue recognition applicable to the social networking industry.
- Drive best practices, increase analytics, improve results and ensure US GAAP compliance.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close procedures and ensure the timeliness, efficiency, and accuracy of internal financial reporting, including key financial metrics.
- Manage external audit process; liaison with external auditors, and other external partners, such as attorneys.
- Work with IMVU’s executive management in the preparation of annual financial plans.
- Provide financial projections, and critical analysis, as required, to the CEO and other executive officers.
- Liaise with, and provide financial reports and analysis to IMVU’s Board of Directors, as necessary.
- Ensure tax compliance at state, national and international levels. Includes management of 409A process.
- Determine, train, manage, mentor and motivate staff in the Corporate Controller and Royalty accounting organizations.
- Act as a key representative of the Finance Team in cross-functional groups and projects, as necessary.
- Provide financial analysis on contract negotiations and review.
- Manage the treasury function of IMVU.
- At least 5 years of corporate accounting or finance department related experience.
- Hands on experience with Netsuite or other financial accounting systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with analytical software applications like Tableau
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over three million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.